Current Job Openings - Retail Sales Associates
Retail Unit Sales Associate
Little Proud Kid
- Do you believe books and toys should reflect the diverse world in which we live?
- Do you believe in the power of books and that all children deserve to see images that reflect their race and culture in a positive light?
- Do you believe in celebrating all people as one people?
- Do you enjoy meeting people and engaging in thoughtful conversations?
- Do you want to be part of an organization that empowers children of ethnic and multicultural background and enables greater access to diverse products for all families?
- Are you passionate about making the world a better place for all children?
- If you answered yes, to the questions above then we would love to meet you!
Little Proud Kid was born out of the need to increase availability and access to diverse products for all children. We have grown to become one of the largest retailers of multicultural products: books, toys, greeting cards, games, music and more for children
We are looking for dynamic sales associates who are passionate about children and the role in which multiculturalism plays in creating a world we can all be proud of.
Are you a highly motivated individual who has a hunger to grow within an organization?
Retail Sales Associate @ SouthPark Mall, Charlotte, NC
$8-$10 an hour - Part-time, plus Bonus opportunities
The Sales Associate acts as a field representative and brand advocate for Little Proud Kid. This role is responsible for engaging and connecting with each customer to provide the right service, thereby generating sales and brand loyalty. The Sales Associate utilizes expert product knowledge to educate, inform and inspire the customer. This individual takes pride in the brand, the product, the kiosk and its team and works to deliver an innovative and compelling shopping experience.
The Retail Sales Associate is available at our Retail Kiosks at SouthPark Mall, Charlotte, NC.
Our Retail Units sell children's books, toys, games and greeting cards. Our products are reflective of the diverse world in which we live. They empower children to love themselves and serve as a resource for parents and educators to raise global citizens who will one day shape our world.
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for business activity at the kiosk during a given shift. Responsibilities consist of all business activities including sales, high quality customer service, completing any duties assigned by the Store Owner, and following all policies and procedures. Essential duties include maintaining strong knowledge of company, it's products and following all policies and procedures relative to cash management, product inventory control and loss prevention; meeting sales goals, profitability and Key Performance Indicators.
This position is part-time and must be available to work some nights, weekends, and holidays. Must have High School Diploma or GED, be at least 17 years of age, and be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Retail Sales Associates are responsible for business activity at the kiosk during their shift. This responsibility includes:
- Sell products and consult with clients to guide purchase decisions based on need
- Ensuring that the kiosk is maintained to corporate standards (clean, organized, and well stocked.)
- Opening and/or closing the kiosk/retail unit including accurately counting and balancing the cash register.
- Making nightly bank deposits when you are the closer
- Maintaining good relationships with Mall Management by adhering to mall regulations
- Following all policies and procedures relative to cash management, product inventory control, loss preventions, etc.
- Completing other duties assigned in a timely and accurate manner.
To be successful in this position, you must have the following skills and abilities:
- Strong, high quality customer service and sales skills.
- Excellent communication skills with other Team Members, Store Leader and Divisional Director.
- Ability to effectively respond to customer inquiries
- Knowledgeable of the products and their benefits
- Ability to meet and exceed sales goals
- Computer and cash register skills
- Strong accountability
- Having previous work experience or in retail is a plus.
- Compensation includes a base hourly rate of $8.00-$12.00, plus Incentives.
- Bonus opportunities
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunity for growth in the company
Secure your position today!
Apply at: Join Our Team
Or Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Little Proud Kid, LLC:
Little Proud Kid (LPK) is one of the largest retailers of multicultural products for children. We focus on bringing an array of multicultural toys, books, resources and more to teach and celebrate the uniqueness in each and every child.